Now that I’ve been tinkering for a week or so, I’ve gotten a few of the logistics out of the way. I have enabled Dublin Core on individual pages, letting me embed metadata that can be searched/extracted for researcher use. It is hopefully correct, and I will make every effort to be as complete as possible.
I am working on a plan for updating regularly. At this point, I am thinking of digitizing and processing one item per day, which includes scanning, adjusting, transcribing as applicable, creating metadata and generating tags. It is well worth noting that because I anticipate having (eventually) an astounding number of items digitized and uploaded, the images on this site are of lower resolution than the original scans. If you would like a full resolution scan of any particular item, post a comment or send me an email and I would be happy to oblige.
Which leads me to my next point: I have now enabled comments, but they must be approved before they are posted. Patience, grasshopper. As long as you are not spam, you will be approved.
Hopefully by the end of the week, I will have finished the finding aid and things will really get rolling. I will start advertising the site in genealogy forums and to individuals once this section is done. I want to thank a few individuals (you know who you are) for your incredible patience on this project, which has been in my mind for years but on the backburner while I was finishing school. I know you have been anxious and curious about a few items in my collection, and I am happy to finally be able to share them. I am excited for this project!